There are many benefits of being a member of the Darien Y. From over 100 weekly fitness classes to swimming lessons and special needs enrichment, the Y has something for everybody. Some of our member benefits include:
- Unlimited usage of our entire facility, including two indoor pools, gymnasium, Wellness Center, Training Center, and fitness studios.
- Member rates for specialty fitness classes, camp, personal training, and therapeutic massage.
- Exclusive usage of our members-only rock climbing wall (rock wall class pass required)
- Priority registration for programs
- Drop-off childcare
- Guest passes
- Renovated locker rooms with electronic lockers and towel service
- Use of our steam room, sauna, and whirlpool
- Access to members-only events
- AWAY: Acess to other YMCAs across the U.S.
2017 Monthly Membership Fees
|Adult (18 years and older)*||$105 per month|
|Adult Couple*||$170 per month|
|Senior (65 years and over)||$61 per month|
|Child (birth through age 17)||$250 per year (monthly rate not available)|
|Child Added to Adult||$105 per year|
|Student Fitness (ages 13 - 17)||$395 per year (monthly rate not available)|
|Student Fitness Added to Adult||$252 per year|
- Membership fees are not refundable.
- *Children of adult members are not required to join to participate in most programs. They will receive priority registration and member discounts on most programs (with a few exceptions), as long as at least 1 parent is a Darien YMCA member.
- A $100 registration fee is charged for all new adult/family memberships.
- A $30 registration fee is charged for all Student Fitness and Child memberships.
- The Darien YMCA allows a 30-day grace period in which to renew an annual membership. If an annual membership expires and the member wants to rejoin after 30 days, the joiner fee is required.
- If a monthly bank/credit card member terminates the membership or there is interruption of monthly payments for 30 days or more, the member’s joiner fee is again required to reinstate the membership.
College Student Memberships
- $25 joiner fee is applicable if no one in the family is an active member
- Must show a valid college ID
Darien Town Employees, Chamber of Commerce Members, and Darien Public School Employees
Town of Darien employees, Chamber of Commerce Members, and Darien Public School employees all receive 15% off of memberships at the Darien YMCA.
Monthly Draft: Monthly payments are deducted automatically from your checking account or credit card. Draft registration requires deposit of first and last month payment up front, plus processing fee.
Annual: A one year membership can be purchased with cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express)
The YMCA welcomes guests to our facility. We ask that all guests be accompanied by a Darien YMCA member unless promotional material states otherwise. Individuals may only be a guest of a member three times per year. Members, once you have used up your Guest Pass Card and wish to bring a guest, the following charges will apply:
The YMCA welcomes Non-Members to select Fitness classes. Examples of these classes are group exercise classes and water therapy, pre/post natal swimming, and other swim classes. To participate you can purchase a “ClassPass” at the front desk for $20 per class. If you are planning on attending many of these sessions, we encourage you to take out a YMCA membership. Or, you might consider purchasing a booklet of ClassPasses at the following prices:
10 ClassPass Booklet Discount (for classes and rock climbing wall)
Adult (18 – 65): $180
Seniors (65 and over): $135
Get going in the morning with Light N’ Easy, Hi/Lo, and Tai Chi. Water therapy builds strength, but is gentle on the joints. We have aqua classes in both the small and large pools.
Regular YMCA memberships are available to Seniors at almost 50% off of adult membership prices. For Senior guest users of the Y, buy a “ClassPass” Book and save on each visit.