BECOME A YMCA MEMBER
You may sign your child up for a Youth Membership and receive priority registration and pay the member rate (non-members pay $50 additional per session). A Youth Membership is $250 for the year, plus a $30 Joiners Fee.
2019 CAMP SESSION DATES
Session 1: June 17 - June 28 (PreSchool Camp Only)
June 24 - June 28 (School Age Camp and Gymnastics Camp)
Session 2: July 1 - July 12 *Closed 4th of July
Session 3: July 15 - July 26
Session 4: July 29 - August 9
Mini Camp- Find out more information about our Mini Camps on our Mini Camp Page
Mini Camp 1: Wednesday, June 19 - Friday, June 21 (School Age and Gymnastics Camp) *will be based on the Darien Public School Schedule
Mini Camp 2: Monday, August 12 - Friday, August 16 (All camps)
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
- Children who are members of the Darien YMCA or who have parents who are YMCA members will receive priority registration due to a ruling by the Darien Planning and Zoning Commission. Siblings of returning campers may register during priority registration if they are a member. They must register in person, not on-line.
- Our 4 Session discount only applies if you are registering your child for 4 sessions of the same camp. If registering on-line the 4 session discount will not calculate. You may apply for a System Credit after your register. Mini Camp registration is not included in the 4 session discount.
- A non-member fee of $50 per session will be added.
- Determine correct camp placement by noting what grade in school the child just has completed. If a child has not attended Kindergarten, they must attend the Pre School Camp.
- You may not register for Camp 2019 if you have any outstanding balance for other YMCA programs.
The following items MUST be on file at the Darien YMCA Camp in order for your child to attend camp.
- An Emergency Form fully completed. If you register at the YMCA front desk, you will be required to complete at the time of registration. If you register online, you must complete the form and return to the YMCA within 10 days.
- A complete Physical Form that is less than 36 months old. Campers may submit a copy of completed school physical or use the camp physical form.
- Any children bringing medication to camp must have their physician complete and sign the Authorization of Medication and Care Plan. Parents must sign the Parent Section on both forms. Medications must be submitted in the original container with the prescription clearly visible. If it is an "over the counter" medication, this form must be complete and medication must be in the original container. We will not accept any medication without a completed form.
- An Individual Care Plan is required for any child who has a special health or behavior concern that our staff should be made aware of. Once filled out by the parent, the form will be shared with the Camp Directors, Camp First Aider and the child's immediate counselors if necessary.
CAMP REFUND POLICY
- A participant canceling before May 1st will receive a refund or online credit less a $50 charge per session canceling
or $10 charge per day of Mini-Camp.
- A participant canceling after May 1st will receive a refund or online credit less a 30% charge per session canceling or
each day of Mini-Camp canceling
- A participant canceling after June 1st will receive an online credit only less a 30% charge per session canceling or
each day of Mini-Camp canceling.
- If a participant cancels after the 1st day of camp or Mini Camp, no refund will be given.
Click here to download our Camp Refund Form.