The Darien YMCA is very pleased to announce the addition of the Training Center, an expansive, open space dedicated to personal training and functional training modalities. This new facility features traditional weight equipment such as squat racks, cable machines, a bench press and free weights, in addition to housing old school tools of the trade like kettlebells, sandbags, and tires.All members will have access to the Training Center and its programs, which will include kettlebell classes, weight lifting workshops and boxing lessons- just to name a few.
If you’re looking for a personal trainer, we have a team of professionals who can customize a program for you. Their areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Functional Training
- Increasing Total Body Strength
- Toning and Conditioning
- Addressing Special Problem areas (i.e. back, knees, shoulders)
- Building Cardiovascular Endurance
- Post Rehabilitation Exercise
- Balance & Coordination
- Pre- and Post-Natal
All of our trainers have certifications from a minimum of one of the following organizations:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) ̈ American Council of Exercise (ACE)
- YMCA Personal Trainer Course ̈ National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- AFAA Personal Training Certification ̈ CES (Cancer Exercise Specialist)
- International Sports & Science Association (ISSA)
Free Fitness Assessment
If you aren’t sure where to start or would like to fine-tune your workout, let us help you build your personal wellness program. First-time adult and student members (only ) are entitled to a free one-hour assessment. This will give you an introduction to our Life Fitness equipment, which is designed for specific and overall muscle toning.
For information regarding personal training rates, call the Wellness Center at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1322. Also, be sure to check back regularly for updates regarding the Training Center and its offerings, as well as more information about the trainers who call the Darien YMCA home.